The 2023 Alabama The Beautiful® Photo Contest is OPEN
Winners will be announced in the May 2023 issue of Alabama The Beautiful® Magazine.
For details and rules, read on…
The purpose of this contest is to showcase the beauty of Alabama while allowing our photographers to submit quality images that fully represent this mission.
Winners will be announced and published in the May 2023 issue of Alabama The Beautiful® Magazine.
- Deadline for submission is: April 15, 2023
- Only photos captured inside the state of Alabama are allowed. Submitting images captured outside of Alabama will immediately disqualify the submitter from all categories.
- The following categories are included in the contest:
- Landscapes – any outdoor scenic landscape across the state
- Night – any nighttime images, night landscapes after sunset or before sunrise (blue hour), astrophotography, Milky Way, star trails, moon…
- Wildlife – large birds (herons, birds of prey), any large animal, livestock, reptiles, raptors, turtles, snakes, lizards, fish, salamanders, bears, foxes, otters, bats, otters, groundhogs… pretty much anything with fur except house pets
- Nature – flowers, small birds including native and migratory, insects, bugs, butterflies, hummingbirds, dragonflies
- Black & White – photos processed in black & white that showcase the state
- First, second, third place and at least one honorable mention will be awarded in each of the above categories.
- Winners will be announced and published in the May 2023 issue of Alabama The Beautiful® Magazine and shared across social media, including Alabama The Beautiful® Facebook group.
- An email will be sent to winners notifying them of their winning status. Due to the volume of submissions received, we cannot notify non-winners.
- Employees of ATB Media, LLC and moderators of our Alabama The Beautiful® Facebook group are not eligible to participate.
- The contest is open to anyone, from hobbyists to professionals.
- Entries are ONLY accepted using the below form. Once you submit, you cannot edit your submission.
- Photos entered must have been captured by the submitter, who owns the copyright to the photo.
- Photos of people and house pets are not allowed. Photos of personal spaces are not allowed.
- Any camera gear may have been used to capture the photo, including DSLRs, mirrorless, point-n-shoot, cellphones, tablets, or drones.
- Images with borders, watermarks, dates, names, or any text will be disqualified.
- Adjustments during editing are expected and perfectly acceptable.
- Photos using techniques such as HDR, composites, blends, and stacks WILL be allowed; however, unrealistic composites will be disqualified.
- You may enter ONE photo per category, for a total of 5 total submissions.
- A description is required for each submission, including the location captured, species, gear used, and time of year.
- Image sizes must be at least 1MB in size, 300 dpi (required for publication).
- Photo formats of .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tiff may be submitted.
- All entrants will provide a short bio and profile photo to be used for winner publication.
- Winning decisions will be based on quality and photographic techniques such as lighting, composition, creativity, and the general theme of showcasing the beauty of Alabama.
- Prior winning ATB Photo Contest images will not be considered.This applies to 1st, 2nd, 3rd places and honorable mentions.
- Entrants will sign a release, allowing Alabama The Beautiful® Magazine to publish their winning photo(s) and to promote their winning photo(s) along with Alabama The Beautiful® Magazine, with credit to you by name, across social media. Alabama The Beautiful® will NOT use your photo for any other purpose without your permission. YOU will retain all legal rights to your photo.
For more information or questions, please email: email@example.com
ATB PHOTO CONTEST 2023 SUBMISSION FORM