The Alabama The Beautiful™ Photo Contest 2022 is now closed.
Winners will be announced in the May 2022 issue of Alabama The Beautiful™ Magazine.
Thank you to all who participated this year!
For details and rules, read on…
The purpose of this contest is to showcase the beauty of Alabama while allowing our photographers to submit their quality images that fully represent this mission.
Winners will be announced and published in the May 2022 issue of Alabama The Beautiful™ Magazine. Judging our first annual contest is University of Alabama Artist in Residence, Chip Cooper.
- The contest opens February 5, 2022
- Deadline for submission is: April 15, 2022
- Only photos captured inside the state of Alabama are allowed.
- The following categories are included in the contest:
- Landscapes – any outdoor scenic landscape across the state
- Night Skies – any night time images, night landscapes after sunset (blue hour), astrophotography, Milky Way, star trails, moon
- Wildlife – large birds (herons, birds of prey), any large animal, livestock, reptiles, raptors, turtles, snakes, lizards, fish, salamanders, bears, foxes, otters, bats, otters, groundhogs… pretty much anything with fur except house pets
- Nature – flowers, small birds including native and migratory, insects, bugs, butterflies, hummingbirds, dragonflies
- Historical – historical landmarks, forgotten/abandoned structures
- Black & White – photos processed in black & white that showcase the state
- First, second, third place and at least one honorable mention will be awarded in each of the above categories. Our judge may select more than one honorable mention based on submission content quality.
- Winners will be announced and published in the May 2022 issue of Alabama The Beautiful™ Magazine and shared across social media, including the Alabama The Beautiful™ Facebook group.
- An email will be sent to winners notifying them of their winning status. No other emails will be sent.
- Employees of ATB Media, LLC and moderators of our Alabama The Beautiful™ Facebook group are not eligible to participate.
- The contest is open to anyone, from hobbyists to professionals.
- Entries are ONLY accepted using the below form. Once you submit, you cannot edit your submission.
- Photos entered must have been captured by the submitter, who owns the copyright to the photo.
- Photos of people and house pets are not allowed. Photos of a personal space is not allowed.
- Any camera gear may have been used to capture the photo, including DSLRs, mirrorless, point-n-shoot, cellphones, tablets, or drones.
- Images with borders, watermarks, dates, names, or any text will be disqualified.
- Adjustments during editing are expected and perfectly acceptable.
- Photos using techniques such as HDR, composites, blends, stacks WILL be allowed, however, unrealistic composites will be disqualified.
- You may enter ONE photo per category, for a total of 6 total submissions.
- A description is required for each submission, to include location, species, gear used, time of year.
- Images sizes must be at least 1MB in size, 300 dpi.
- Photo formats of .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tiff may be submitted.
- All entrants will provide a short bio and profile photo to be used for winner publication.
- The judge will make winner decisions based on quality and photographic techniques such as lighting, composition, creativity, and general theme of showcasing the beautiful of Alabama.
- Entrants will sign a release, allowing Alabama The Beautiful™ Magazine to publish their winning photo(s) and to promote their winning photo(s) along with Alabama The Beautiful™ Magazine, with credit to you by name, across social media. Alabama The Beautiful™ will NOT use your photo for any other purpose without your permission. You will retain all legal rights to your photo.
For more information or questions, please email: email@example.com
ATB PHOTO CONTEST 2022 SUBMISSION FORM
The form is no longer available.